Investment Assistant Manager/Manager
Odyssey Capital is an investment firm, specializing in infrastructure & financial institutions, with global investment experience including in water, power, renewable energy, roads, ports, airports, etc. Investment needs in water and wastewater treatment throughout Asia is very significant, due to economic growth (industrialization), as well as environmental regulations, which are becoming more stringently enforced.
Odyssey Capital has established a Business Platform (Tigris Water Company or TWC), which invests in decentralized Water and Wastewater Treatment Projects, as well as other Environmental Protection Projects, throughout Asia.
A high-quality candidate is being sought for the following key Role in TWC:
i. Managing, monitoring and maintaining TWC’s Investment Portfolio, including ensuring that financial controls and reporting are maintained for Projects and Companies in which TWC has invested
ii. Oversee the cash flows of TWC’s investments, and ensure risk management and internal control systems are in place
iii. Assist in Project Investment Cycle – Deal Origination, Due Diligence, Investment Appraisal and Negotiations
iv. Assist in accounting, auditing, tax and other compliance matters relating to TWC’s investments, including liaising with service providers (such as accounting/tax and legal firms)
Qualifications and Criteria
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very innovative Business Platform. There will be significant scope for training and skills upgrading, to meet the Job Description above.
Some relevant Qualifications and Criteria of candidates being sought include:
- At least Five to Six Years of experience as an Auditor or Accountant with a reputable firm
- Experience working with Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) will be preferred
- A very detailed oriented person, who is proficient with accounting principles and numbers, valuation methodologies and economics
- Strong communication skills. Ability to work very independently in a small team
- Proven ability for critical/logical thinking and problem-solving
- Self-motivated, well-organized and can-do attitude
- Evidence of high-performance standards in the previous position(s)
- Willingness to travel extensively